Back in 2008, I bought my first Fujitsu ScanSnap which at the time was the S300M. There were bits and pieces online about how to most efficiently use the ScanSnap, but nothing that tied everything together.
It wasn’t that I wanted to know what each screen, button, and option did – there is a manual for that. I wanted to know how to set it up as part of a workflow that would let me go paperless easily and productively.
After a lot of trial and error I figured out what works best for me, and in 2011 I pulled it all together into the very popular Unofficial ScanSnap Setup Guide. I’m thrilled to announce that the Fourth Edition of this guide is available today.
There have been new models and software updates since the last edition, and I have changed the format of the Guide to be easier to read.
Here are some of the new sections:
- It covers new models of the ScanSnap like the SV600 and iX100.
- It covers new ScanSnap software and scanning workflows like scanning receipts and books.
- It covers scanning multiple small documents at the same time with some ScanSnap models.
- It goes through all the scenarios for wireless scanning and how that all works.
- It has a much nicer design that should work better on more devices.
- And much much more!
Don’t Have The Guide Yet?
If you own a Fujitsu ScanSnap and need a little extra help, many people have found The Unofficial ScanSnap Setup Guide helpful. Take a look at that page for some comments that people have made about it.
I get feedback every day that the Guide has helped readers get started using their ScanSnap the right way, so perhaps it could help you too.
Already Own The Guide?
You should have received an email with the update, which is free as always.
If you didn’t get one, let me know and I will hook you up.
Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy the Fourth Edition.