To my great surprise, the latest version of Mac OS X, 10.9 Mavericks, was released yesterday. I am about to go on a trip so I am holding off upgrading for a bit, but I want to check – how is the Fujitsu ScanSnap on Mavericks working for you?
ScanSnap Mavericks Compatibility
The short version is, all modern ScanSnap models seem to be supported.
If you want further details, here is the support page for each model:
- ScanSnap iX500: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap S1500/S1500M: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap S1300/S1300i: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap S1100: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap S510M: Supported. See this page.
- ScanSnap S300M: Supported. See this page.
Preparing Your ScanSnap For OS X Mavericks
To do that:
- Make sure ScanSnap Manager is running
- Go to Help > Online Update
- Follow the instructions
If you want to see this in video form, I’ve created a short video.
Have you tried Acrobat 8 or 9 on Mavericks? How does it work for you? You can also keep an eye on this Roaring Apps page for user reports.
So, how is your ScanSnap and related software working on Mac OS X Mavericks?
I’d appreciate it if you left a comment either way. I’ll update this post as new information becomes available.