So, apparently it is New ScanSnap Friday today! Today Fujitsu is announcing the ScanSnap S1300i which (obviously) replaces the ScanSnap S1300, and you can win one from DocumentSnap. Read on for details on that.
I am hoping to get my hands on a review copy for you, but in the meantime here are the key new details.
The ScanSnap S1300i hardware is cross-platform and is basically the same as the S1300, with one key difference: it is 1.5x faster. So, instead of 8 pages per minute, it is now 12 ppm. Nice speed bump.
Fujitsu is also announcing some software updates that will come along with the S1300i:
- Mobile: There will now be an Android version of their Scan To Mobile app, so you can now scan from the S1300i to your Android device over your local network
- Dropbox: If you have the Dropbox client installed, you’ll now have the option to scan to a folder on Dropbox through the ScanSnap Manager interface, and there will be a Dropbox Quick Menu option.
- ScanSnap Folder: This is Windows only. Apparently this will give you a way to scan to a special folder on your computer, and then have that scan be attached to a web application like Gmail or a Windows application like Quickbooks. To be honest, I haven’t quite wrapped my head around this one yet, so I am looking forward to trying it out.
As always, I will keep my eyes open on the online shopping sites and let you know when the S1300i is available to purchase.
Win A ScanSnap S1300i from DocumentSnap!
I am super excited to announce the very first DocumentSnap ScanSnap giveaway: The fine folks at Fujisu have hooked me up with one ScanSnap S1300i scanner to give away to one lucky reader on Friday, June 29 at 12pm PST.
There are two ways to enter, and the winner will be chosen randomly:
Method 1: Twitter: Follow DocumentSnap (@documentsnap) and tweet something like the following:
I want to win the ScanSnap S1300i from @DocumentSnap #dss1300i http://dcsp.me/MBZNef
(The @DocumentSnap and #dss1300i need to be there!)
Method 2: Comment: Not on Twitter? Not a problem. Leave a comment below and tell me about the paper that you want to digitize.
- Winners will be contacted by DM on Twitter or e-mail for commenters, so make sure you follow @DocumentSnap and/or enter your correct e-mail address in the comment (don’t worry, only I can see it).
- Only one entry per person please.
- The winner will be drawn randomly at 12pm PST on Friday, June 29. Entries must be received by then.
- Due to shipping restrictions, the contest is only open to winners in the United States and Canada. Sorry about that.
- Good luck!