I was happy to see that SugarSync was at Macworld Expo, so I dropped by their booth to ask them what the fuss was about.
Of course, it is almost impossible to get into a discussion about file syncing without bringing up the D-word, but the guys at the booth were cool about it and obviously get questioned on the comparison a lot.
Here is what they say makes SugarSync better than the alternatives:
- It is convenient for users. Since you can specify any folder on your drive to be synced, you don’t have to worry about remembering to save your files in a certain folder. You and others can just go about doing what you do normally, and things will be synced in the background
- It is more mobile. They have clients for iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Android, Windows Mobile, and Symbian
- More free storage. Their free plan gives you 5 GB storage
- More flexible pricing. They have a 30 GB plan starting at $4.99/month and the $9.99/month plan gives you 60 GB
- Easier sharing. To send a link to a file or folder, it doesn’t need to be moved to a Public folder. You just right-click and go.
So there you go SugarSync fans, here is your chance to sound off in the comments about why you like it better. Are you happy now?!?