So OS X 10.10, called Yosemite, is out.
Whenever a new release of an operating system (Mac or Windows) is released, there is always that nervous period where you try to figure out if there are any glitches with the software and hardware that you are currently using.
I will probably be installing Yosemite this weekend, but (as I do with every OS release) I want to put this post up to collect your feedback. I’ve searched online and haven’t seen any concrete problems yet.
ScanSnap Yosemite Compatibility
The short version is, all modern ScanSnap models are supported.
If you want further details, here is the support page for each model:
- ScanSnap iX500: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap iX100: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap SV600: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap S1500/S1500M: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap S1300/S1300i: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap S1100/S1100i: Supported. See this page and the instructions below.
- ScanSnap S300M: Supported. See this page.
- ScanSnap S510M: Not Supported. See this page.
Preparing Your ScanSnap For OS X Mavericks
If you have a ScanSnap iX500, iX100, SV600, S1500/M, S1300/S1300i, or S1100/S1100i the best way to go is to do an online update.
To do that:
- Right-click on the ScanSnap icon in the Dock
- Go to Help > Online Update
- Follow the instructions
If you want to see this in video form, I’ve created a short video.
ABBYY FineReader For ScanSnap
If you check out the links for each model, you will see that all ScanSnap software is supported, but under ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap, it has this slightly disturbing message: A problem of failing installation is confirmed. Update Schedule: last week of November I haven’t been able to determine whether ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap doesn’t work on Yosemite, or if it just has problems installing on Yosemite. I haven’t seen any reports of people having issues. I’ll update this section when I upgrade, but in the meantime if you have already upgraded, please leave a comment and let us know how it is going. Update 10/28/2014: As you can see in the comments below, the issue is in fact installing ABBYY FineReader on Yosemite. If you are upgrading you should be fine, but you might have issues on a new installation. See the comments for some workarounds.
Update 02/03/2015: Looks like the ABBYY update has been released. See the Fujitsu page for your model linked above to get it.
So, how is your ScanSnap and related software working on OS X Yosemite?
I’d appreciate it if you left a comment either way. I’ll update this post as new information becomes available.