Security is a big concern people have with going paperless, and that’s why I wrote my Paperless Security Guide. I’m happy to release the Second Edition of the Guide today.
In my opinion, making sure that your electronic documents are safe and secure is the most important part of going paperless.
How you scan is important, how you organize is important, how you find documents is important, but none of that matters if you lose all your files due to a hard drive failure or some other issue.
After receiving many, many, many questions on the topic over the years, I decided to create an easy to follow reference Guide back in 2015.
It’s been very popular, but based on customer feedback (thank you!) there have been things I’ve wanted to add. Now I have.
By the way, as with all DocumentSnap resources, this update is free to Paperless Security Guide customers. I don’t charge for new editions.
Here are some of the changes in the Second Edition:
- I’ve expanded the Guide by 55%. There’s a lot I wanted to cram in there.
- The “How To Backup” section has been expanded with more step-by-step instructions.
- I’ve added a “How To Restore” section with step-by-step instructions. Knowing how to backup doesn’t do you much good if you can’t bring things back!
- I’ve added a new “Testing Your Backups” section.
- Information has been updated for Windows 10.
- There’s a new “Creating a Private Cloud” section.
- I’ve created a “Password Best Practices” section.
- Various cleanups and edits too small to mention.
Don’t Have The Guide Yet?
If you’re new to this going paperless and are worried about losing your documents, the Guide is for you. It’ll help you get protected right from the start.
If you’ve been scanning and organizing your documents for a while but haven’t been as dilligent as you could have been at backing things up (no judgement – you’re definitely not alone), the Guide is also for you. It’ll help you back back on track. Trust me, you’ll feel better.
Already Own The Guide?
You should have received an email with the update, which is free as always.
If you didn’t get one, let me know and I will hook you up.
Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy the Paperless Security Guide Second Edition.